CU Book Store Return Policy
A CU Book Store receipt and valid photo ID are required to process all
Textbook Return Policy
- Textbooks/required course material must be returned by the deadline. The
textbook return deadline is the fifth day of classes for the fall
and spring semester. It is the second day of classes for Maymester and the third day for summer
- Deadline extensions may be allowed for course withdrawal(s). Withdrawal documentation, receipt, and CU ID must be presented within 48 hours of withdrawal.
- Any textbook purchased after the return deadline may not be returned/exchanged.
If the bookstore chooses to make an exception to our return policy, a restocking
fee may apply.
Merchandise (non-textbook) Return Policy
- Merchandise must be returned in its purchased condition.
- Merchandise may be returned/exchanged within 2 weeks of purchase date with ID and receipt.
- Course preps, study guides, or exam notes
- Computers and related hardware
- Calculators and opened software
- CU Directories and Course Catalogs
- Special order books
- Discontinued, clearance items, or “Bargain Items”
- Academic Regalia
Returning online orders
If you cannot send the return/exchange within two weeks of the purchase date
or have questions, please call 1-800-255-9168 and use the menu to contact the
appropriate department. The original receipt and a brief explanation stating the
reason for the return and the merchandise in its original condition must
accompany all exchanges or returns. Please include your contact information with
all returns, and ship to:
CU Book Store
ATTN: WEB ORDER
or 1-800-255-9168 with any questions.