The CU Book Store is committed to making information and resources that are available via the web accessible for all users. The CU Book Store website is currently working to become WCAG 2.0 AA compliant, but we are not yet fully accessible for customers who are using screen readers and other assistive devices. We are working to make this accessible to all.
With our vendor, we are currently working on solutions to issues found during testing. These include:
- Manual course additions to the Courselist Builder encounter an issue where list boxes do not read values correctly. Using the Identikey automatic Courselist import will improve user experience for this issue until the manual course addition issue is fixed
- Manual course additions to the Courselist Builder encounter an issue where the deselect icon does not work for screen readers. Using the Identikey automatic Courselist import will improve user experience for this issue until the manual course addition issue is fixed
- The Google Map and Google Calendar on our Hours and Location page are not accessible
- Interactive elements in the secure checkout are difficult to use, in particular the "Change address" button does not announce a content change when selected
- Checkout usability will be improved, in particular the usage of the "Delete" button for items at Checkout will be improved for screen reader use
The CU Book Store site was upgraded in December 2019 and has additional upgrades scheduled in the first half of 2020 to improve site accessibility. This page will be updated as progress is made. The CU Book Store has an alternative purchasing system for customers needing accommodations. Please contact the CU Book Store Web Products Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-492-7089 to use the alternate purchasing system.